- Yixing Zisha (Purple Clay) Teapot - Ban Yue
- 9-hole strainer
- 200 ml / 6.8 oz capacity
- Type of clay: hong ni (red clay)
- Comes with a simple gift box
Handcrafted, unglazed and uncoloured, purple clay (zhisa) from Yixing, Jiangsu Province, China. This clay pot is high in iron and other minerals, and excels in preserving heat. This teapot is ideal for oolong and puerh, and is also becoming popular for steeping green tea. It is recommended to have each pot used for only one type of tea.
Recommended way of seasoning a new clay pot before use:
1. Use a soft cloth to wipe the pot gently; then clean any debris inside and outside; rinse with hot water several times.
2. Soak the pot in tea water for about 30 minutes, or simmer it (put a towel around the pot if you are worried about breakage) with tea water until boiling (this step is to clear the clay smell); wait until cool, then repeat these steps one more time; let the teapot air dry, and then gently rub the whole pot with a soft cloth and the pot is ready for its first brewing.
For further info on Yixing teapots please see our blog: http://mateasse.com/blog/2014/04/24/yixing-purple-clay-teapots/
Yixing Clay Teapot (Ban Yue)
- Product Code: YX006
- Availability: 1